Nov 25, 2009

Christmas Gift Card Holder


Sorry it has been a while since I posted, I have been preparing for a craft sale that is this Saturday so I have been spending all my extra time in my craft room. These gift card holders are a beautiful way to give someone their Christmas gift card. I saw this idea on Heather Summer's blog , She always has such great ideas. 
To make the Top note gift card holder you simply take a 5 1/2 x11" sheet of card stock and score it at 3 1/2, 5 1/2, and 7 1/2", fold your c/s so it looks like a W and line it up on the top note die just below the top blade so it doesn't cut a complete Top Note. Use a punch such as the Word Window or the Key tag punch to make a slit on the inside of the Top Note holder to create a spot for the gift card to slide in. Use sticky tape to stick the two scored edges together. Makw sure you punch the holes for your ribbon to go through before you stick it to a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4" piece of C/S. I also made one using elastic cord and brads to hold it shut, this one is great for those who don't like to tie bows. I will post that one later.
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment