Jan 7, 2011

Cupcake Birthday!

I have not posted in a while, I have been feeling a little run down and took some time to relax. I don't remember the last time I lazed around like this, I bet it was well before I had children. I am so appreiative that my husband didn't give me a hard time and just let me relax. He even took the boys outside so I could totally relax :) I was so glad to start feeling like myself again today, I feel energized, motivated and ready to get back into things.
I was talking to my sister-in-law today and she had a good point, Christmas holidays are no holiday at all. We spend our time running around shopping, wrapping, decorating, cooking, cleaning, baking, returning unwanted or wrong sized items and then cleaning some more. Although, I do love the end result of all that hard work, I loved watching my boys faces light up Christmas morning and I loved how happy and excited they were to have their own little New Years Eve party and stay up late! I would do it all again without thinking twice!
Enough of that and onto my card. I made this card for my stepdaughter for her birthday. I thought the colours were very bright and cheerful. I used Melon Mambo, Tempting Turquois and Old Olive. The DSP is Bali Breeze, I don't even know when it was in, it may have been from before I was a demonstrator. I also used the retired Melon Mambo Polka dotted ribbon. I figured I should stop hoarding and start using. I used various punches and chose to watercolour the cupcakes. I will tell you this card is not my creation, Heather Summers made this card a long time ago and I just changed the colours.
Have a great day and best wishes in the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment