Jan 12, 2011

Ryan's 2nd Birthday!

Ryan celebrated his second birthday on December the 6th. He had originally been interested in a Handy Manny party but switched to Mickey Mouse when we were shopping for supplies. I will admit that it made things easier for me, I know I have seen lots of great Handy Manny projects out there, but to make all the tools would have been to time consuming. Ryan couldn't stop talking about his Mickey birthday for two weeks before his party and two weeks after, he was just so excited.

For the invitation I used a Mickey Mouse stamp I picked up for $2.00 a year ago. I always choose to use the Family Phrases set for the kids invites and cards. I used Real Red, Basic Black, More Mustard and Whisper White for the colours

I like to make my thank you cards simple, especially when you have no idea how many you will need to make. I used the 1 3/4" and 1" Circle Punches to make Mickey's head. I also used the Word Window and the Modern Label punches onthe invites and thank you's. The more Mustard paper on both cards is run throught the Big Shot using the Square Lattice embossing folder.

Ryan's birthday card is Mickey's head! I was very proud of myself when I came up with this one, in case you don't know I love to make stuff using punches. I used the Circle Die to make the card, I folded my paper in half, then I placed it on the Circle Die leaving a little space so that it would not cut the complete circle. I cut out another circle using Blush Blossom (retired), used pencil to freehand an outline of his face and then cut it out. I used the 1 3/4" Circle (ears) Wide Oval (mouth), Large Oval (eyes ans nose), Small Oval (Centre of eye) and small heart (tongue) punches to make Mickey's face. To sinish off his face I used the Black marker to draw in the rest of Mickey's smile.

I used my Circle Scissor Plus to cut out a slightly smaller circle and stamped in happy birthday from family phrases. Ryan was pretty excited when he saw his birthday card. He just kept saying 'Mickey' over and ovaer again.

No comments:

Post a Comment