Feb 19, 2012

Valentines

I wanted the boys to have handmade invitations, of course, so we came up with these cookie Valentines. I saw similar ones in my Stampin' Success Magazine (Demonstrators only). We used the recipes that come with the Cookie Press, they turned out really good! I did use store bought icing, mine just would not turn out.


The cookie presses from Stampin' Up! are quite easy to use once you figure them out. I found it easier with the heart print if I put flour on the rubber before I stamped each cookie. For those of you who have not yet seen these, the Heart actually has quite a bit of detail under that icing.

I uesd the Paper Doily Sizzlet to create the doily for the cookie to sit on, this was a little time consuming since we made about 40 of them.

We personalized the Valentines on the back side, the boys were tired of writing their names by the end!


To make these Valentines:


Stamps - Teeny Tiny Wishes and Candy Conversations

Ink - Real Red

C/S - Real Red, Pink Pirouette, Whisper White and DSP I got on the clearance rack

Punches - Word Window, Decorative Label and Heart

Dies - Paper Doily Sizzlet

Other - Clear Envelopes, Heat Shaped Cookie Press and sponges


Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment