Jul 14, 2012

Inspired By Nature Cracked Glass Technique

Inspired by Nature will be a set I keep forever, I was sad to see it go. 
I used it for so many projects.


I stamped the Daisy's using StazOn Black ink. To get the Shadowed look I inked the stamp and stamped the image, then I lifted the top end of the stamp and shifted it slightly to the right. I used So Saffron and Pumpkin Pie Ink with the brayer on the Vanilla card stock.


Here is a close up of the Butterflies, I brayered them the same but chose to make them slightly darker so that they would stand out better. I wanted my class to learn the cracked glass technique and I thought it looked really pretty with the butterflies. My mixture is Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel, Dazzling Diamonds and Iridescent Ice. You want to heat atleast 2-3 layers so that it will be nice and thick to crack. Once it is dry you just start bending it and then it will crack! You can do this as much or as little as you like.

To make this layout;

STamps - Inspired by Nature (retired) and Tiny Tags
C/S - Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Pumpkin Pie and So Saffron
Ink - StazOn Black, Pumpkin PIe and So Saffron
Dies - Beautiful Butterflies
Punches - Scallop Border, Scallop Trim Border and 1/2" Circle
Other - Brayer, Iridescent Ice, Dazzling Diamonds, Black 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon and Bitty Buttons

Beautiful Butterflies Die
114507 $26.95
Pg. 193
Tiny Tags
W 118091 $27.95
C118592 $20.95
Pg.124

Brayer
102395 $15.50
Pg.179

No comments:

Post a Comment