Sep 24, 2009

A new technique!

I learned this neat technique at regionals in Cincinnati, it is so easy to do. This is a plain card but I wanted you to be able to see lots of the background paper. It is made using the backgrounds 1 textured plate for the big shot. 

I will write out the instructions in steps to make it easier;

Step one:
   Cut a piece of wax paper and run it through the Big Shot using any textured plate you'd like,

Step two:
   Place the wax paper with the impression face down onto a sheet of Whisper White card stock,

Step three:
   Heat up your iron and iron the wax onto the white card stock and remove wax paper,

Step four:
   Use the Brayer and whatever color of ink you would like and roll it onto the card stock and voila, you have your own designer paper!

I think this technique is so wonderful, now I will have to order more textured plates! I really like the idea because sometimes the color of designer paper might not be available so now you can make it with what ever color you would like to match your project.

No comments:

Post a Comment